[TriLUG] Linux Careers in the Triangle

Sean Korb via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jul 23 11:55:53 EDT 2015

One of the best sysadmins I ever met had a degree in History.

What do you like to do now?  I like to watch TV so I set up a MythTV box.
Strangely, that had the same systems that were needed for a Biotech
Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).  A way to ingest data,
schedule the ingest, transform the data, refactor and store the data, keep
track of metadata, provide web and API services and keep all the good stuff
in a database that you can upgrade when the next release comes out.

It has all the things.

I work in Biotech and we always need more people that know how all the
things work.  Now I get to work with Hadoop, Mongo and all the flavors of
the month.  And I hang out with cool scientists all day.   It's not
watching TV, but it's fun.

sean