[TriLUG] OT: Looking for a Flashable Wired Gigabit Router

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Aug 4 08:02:31 EDT 2015

Hello LUGgers,

I've started looking for a wired (no radio) gigabit router to provide a
VPN subnet for my home office.

I upgraded to gigabit for my home network a while ago using a TP-Link
dual band wireless router, but I'm using a rather old WRT54GL with
DD-WRT for my home office.  I keep the radio turned off.  It limits my
office systems to 10/100.

Intrex is my go-to supplier, but the only candidate they currently stock
is the TP-Link TL-R600VPN.  As far as I've been able to find, it's not
supported by any firmware project. There are also reviews where people
complain about its reliability.

Flashability, gigabit, at least four ports, and stackable would be
great.  Does anyone have a product that they recommend?

Thanks very much!

   Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote