[TriLUG] Semi OT networking consultant / contractor

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Aug 4 13:48:44 EDT 2015

Good afternoon LUG,

I am looking for some help designing, installing, and configuring a network solution that will be used across a couple of buildings and I'm looking for suggestions on local companies or contractors that could help.

My situation is that I am developing some property that will include a business and residential buildings and I want to do the following:
1) have one business grade internet gateway.
2) VoIP phone system that is tied together amongst the buildings as well as provide calling capability.
3) connect the buildings, either wirelessly or via fiber (preferred).

My thinking is to share the gateway and set up vlans for private nets and shared resources such as the security cameras.  The property will be occupied by myself, my wife, and my parents and consist of about four structures (business, two homes, work shop).  I would like to be able to phone from location to location.

I'm looking for help choosing the right equipment, installing the necessary wiring in the structures, setting up the phone system, and most importantly putting any cabling in the ground.

Does anyone have a company they would recommend?  This is located in western Chatham county, Bear Creek, to be exact.

Sent from my iPad