[TriLUG] OT: Looking for a Flashable Wired Gigabit Router

Lee Fickenscher via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Aug 5 11:38:27 EDT 2015

Hey Scott,
Long time no talk...

When you say "flashable" do you mean like with OpenWRT or something
similar? Or do you mean up-gradable with the vendor's firmware? Almost all
devices meet the latter.

I think most of the 'action' in the firmware flashing arena is on WAPs
since they're so common. I've never seen a WAP that can't have the wireless
turned off as you have been with your WRT54GL though.

When you mention 'stacking', I'm thinking backplane interconnect that makes
multiple units function as a single unit. Is that what your talking about?
If so, I don't think you'll find something with that functionality in the
class of devices supported by most firmware projects.

What is your preferred firmware?

-Lee

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 9:50 AM, Scott Chilcote via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org