[TriLUG] Data vanished from a partition?

Alan Porter via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Aug 9 16:12:38 EDT 2015

Good idea from William to check the mountpoint that's underneath the
disk's filesystem*.  Also, do a "find" to see if something mysteriously
got renamed to a hidden filename (like "home" to ".home").

Alan

* Many moons ago, there was a sysadmin where I worked who decided this
would be a good place to hide his collection of JPEG images. Someone
noticed that "df" reported a lot of used disk space, and he unmounted
the disk to discover the hidden treasure.  Not a brilliant career move,
but it taught me a lesson about looking under the rug for "missing" files.