[TriLUG] suggestions for uploading many gigs of video

Don Jerman via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 23 21:41:55 EDT 2015

If all you want is youtube Steven nailed it - compress and resize the file
before you send it.

If you want to archive original files, Google (through Iron Mountain) and
Amazon both let you send in drives, but it's about $80 per drive plus
bother.  Still, at that size fedex will get it there before time warner.

Probably cheaper in the long run to buy yourself a backup drive or two and
compress your uploads.