[TriLUG] suggestions for uploading many gigs of video

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 24 10:49:22 EDT 2015

Mark, thanks I will check out the Tarboro Road center. That might allow me
to dump this stuff "as is" without too much fuss.

I spent a few hours last night without much luck. I tried ffmpeg a couple
times and then tried handbrake. It took a couple hours to compress a 30
minute video. When it was finished, I had a 2.1gb file reduced to 1.8gb. I
am sure I just need to familiarize with these tools to get the file size
right. I probably will also pick up a cheap desktop so I can crunch down
these video dumps without monopolizing my laptop for hours/days.

Thanks to all for the thoughtful responses!

Jeremy