[TriLUG] Have a job

jsevans@youvegotthe.info via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 30 15:13:32 EDT 2015

After 15 years, I'm leaving the Triangle and my current position is up for grabs. We found out that a co-worker of mine is leaving also so soon we will have two positions open. My position is day shift 8:30-5:30 and the other is evenings 2pm-10pm. Training would be in Raleigh and then you can work from home full time.  The salary and benefits are also very reasonable. We really want someone who is versed in different Linux distros and some Solaris.  A bit of AIX would not be frowned upon either.

Reply off list if you're interested.

Unix Administrator II

  -    Unix Systems Administration, server installations,
troubleshooting and resolving issues and participating in on-call
support responsibilities. Duties will additionally involve tracking
performance, utilization, platform growth, and adherence to service
metrics for assigned customers.
-    Create technical documentation for customer environments,
processes, standards, technical training, and support procedures
-    Drive efficient and effective resolution of customer issues
-    Follow WHS defined best practices and procedures for the
installation, configuration and support of Unix managed services,
including AIX, Solaris, and Red Hat Linux
-    Responsible for performing the installation, configuration and
support of Linux and UNIX Operating Systems
-    Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 coverage of
critical customer and internal systems
-    Working knowledge of monitoring and management infrastructures

Qualifications
  Minimum Requirements:College degree in a Technical or related field and 3-5 years professional level experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 7+ years professional level related Technical experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.