[TriLUG] Wake County Transit Plan Reveal - Tomorrow at 7pm

Matthew Frazier via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Dec 7 18:48:52 EST 2015

Hello, TriLUG,

First off, sorry for sending two RSVP reminders. I remembered that I
needed to send out a reminder as soon as I got home, and didn't see that
Brian had already sent one.

I've had discussions about public transit with TriLUGgers several times
before, so I figured those who live in Wake County would be interested
in the Recommended Wake County Transit Plan reveal event that's
happening tomorrow (Tuesday, Dec 8). It's in the Raleigh Convention
Center from 4pm to 8pm - you can drop by anytime to ask questions and
see the exhibits. I and many of my colleagues will be at the event to
answer any questions you have.

This plan will be a big deal for Wake County - first off, it would
expand bus service to a lot more places, and improve span and frequency
on the lines we're running now. It also includes funding for some major
capital investments, including both bus rapid transit and commuter rail.
I'd encourage everyone in Wake County to come to the event and get
informed about the transit plan - it only gets implemented if Wake
County residents vote "yes" on a transit referendum in November 2016.

More info from Wake County here:
http://www.waketransit.com/mark-your-calendar-recommended-transit-plan-to-be-unveiled-2/

Thanks,
Matthew Frazier