[TriLUG] February 18th: Hack Night!

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Feb 16 22:31:53 EST 2016

http://trilug.org/node/218

Topic: Virtualize Our TriLUG Server!
When: Thursday, 18 February 2016 - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Where: Bandwidth, Venture III, 900 Main Campus Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606
Parking: Venture Center Deck, adjacent to Venture III (visitor spaces are
unrestricted after 5pm)
Map: http://osm.org/go/ZYRUokxgI--

The focus of this week's hack night we be to get a pilot (our current
physical server) running as a VM on the new machine. Jmainguy has already
copied over a disk image, so our tasks will be to verify that we are happy
with the host configuration, to boot the pilot VM and verify that services
(ssh, http, mail) are working properly, and to configure any proxying from
the host to VM that is needed. If we are successful in this, we can draft a
plan for swapping out the current pilot for the new VM server.

Come join us for some intellectual socializing and hacking for a great
cause!

--
Jeremy Davis
TriLUG PR