[TriLUG] x2go magic disappearing mouse cursor

Jym Williams Zavada via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Feb 24 15:47:45 EST 2016

Brian,

I recently had a similar problem: I was using an RDP client on Linux to
connect to a host running Win2012 Server, and the cursor wouldn't appear
inside the RDP window.  Here's what I did to fix it, maybe it will work for
you too (if you're not working with the same Windows version, you'll
probably have to tweak it, though):

- RDP to host and log in

- Hover over the Start/Window icon at the left of the task bar, then click
to open

- Hover over "Control Panel", then click to open

- When the "Control Panel" window appears, hit the Tab key ONCE, then press
Enter

- In the dropdown that appears, use the Down-arrow key to highlight "Small
icons", then press Enter

- Hover over Mouse, then click to open

- When the "Mouse Properties" window appears, use Shift-Tab to highlight the
folder tabs, then use the Right-arrow key to bring up the Pointers folder
tab

- Press Alt-E to uncheck the "Enable pointer shadow" checkbox, then use
Alt-A to "press" the Apply button.

- If the cursor doesn't immediatly appear, you will have to logout and then
log back in again, using the following instructions.

- Use Shift-Tab to highlight the OK button, then press Enter

- Hover over the Start/Window icon at the left of the task bar, then click
to open

- Hover over your Name in the upper left, then click to get a dropdown

- In the dropdown, hover over "Sign out", then click to log out.