[TriLUG] Server Distro on HP with SAS Drives

tj via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Feb 24 16:06:50 EST 2016

pretty sure,  the issue is soft raid from HP with closed-source code
the detail is https://access.redhat.com/articles/118133

you need to change your configuration
once you configured as:

For systems with the B320i SAS controller:
1. Boot the server into System Options
2. Navigate to HP Smart Array B320i Raid Configuration
3. Change to DISABLED

you drive will detect as jbod drive not sof Raid drive