[TriLUG] Linux Mint Site Hacked

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 25 12:29:29 EST 2016

I have set up multiple Windows users on Ubuntu and they loved it. One from Windows 7 who was being asked to buy a DVD to re-install a wrecked disk and did not want to spend the money. They were a heavy internet user and just wanted to print some stuff. They loved it. I have a laptop running Mint, and I am personally not a fan. I will have to check out the Ubuntu-Mate.
I personally as a RHEL/CENTOS person, do not much like Ubuntu. Having said that I find I use my Ubuntu workstation more than my Fedora workstation, which is woefully annoying. At work I use exclusively CENTOS for a workstation. I do find it frustrating at times to load some of the newer software, but the pay off is rock solid operation with minimal updates compared to Ubuntu. I use Mate as my RHEL/CENTOS X2GO sessions and I love it's simplicity.
John Vaughters