[TriLUG] Linux Laptop

Steve Litt via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Feb 29 06:55:14 EST 2016

This works for me, it might work for you.

Costco has a pretty liberal return policy. Basically, if you don't like
your laptop, then you can return it within 90 days.

So I buy a laptop, back up the UEFI, back up the restore partition,
defrag and shrink the Windows partition, then install a dual-boot Linux
on a partition carved from the unused space.

The reason I dual boot is because Windows laptops require Windows for
any kind of tech support, so for the warranty period I play their silly
game. After the 2 year waranty period expires, I make it a pure Linux
box.

SteveT