[TriLUG] Regarding the SPAM "Fw: new message"

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 13 10:51:50 EDT 2016

No need to compromise anything, if you go to Trilig.org > Mailing Lists >
 TriLUG General > TriLUG Archives, then you will find all the conversations
and you can drill down to authors and emails.

It is certainly a concern for some and has been discussed before on
numerous occasions.

Ideas from the group are welcome.

Jeremy Davis
TriLUG PR

On Friday, May 13, 2016, Matt Flyer via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> I received a couple of these that are obvious spam that is trying to get
> you to click on a PHP page that looks like it belongs to someone in
> Istanbul, Turkey.
>
> Per the message header, the sender was NOT Trilug but it looks like they
> are sending to groups of people alphabetically from the Trilug mailing
> list, which why I am asking: is there any possibility that the pilot or
> another server may have been comprised that would enable them to gain this
> information?
>

> --
> This message was sent to: Jeremy Davis <jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
> <javascript:;>>