[TriLUG] Virus Question

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jun 13 13:15:50 EDT 2016

My opinion is that once compromised, you really can't trust the machine
again.  I would recommend that you boot into something non-windows,
extract your work data files, and scan them thoroughly.

After you have your data, nuke the machine from orbit because it's the
only way you can be sure.

Do you know how you acquired this bit of nastywear?  Ideally you should
look into how you acquired it and what went wrong to enable that to
happen.  Granted M$ is as full of holes as Swiss Cheese and it seems like
all it's security features serve to only annoy the user rather that
protect.