[TriLUG] Drawing Program

Jack Hill via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jun 14 10:00:05 EDT 2016

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016, Grawburg via TriLUG wrote:

> I use a Windows program (running in WINE) called Diagram Studio from
> Gadwin Systems. So far I've yet to find a native Linux program that has
> as many features. LibreDraw is good, but not as good as Diagram Studio.
> Anyone know of really good program that might fit the bill?

Brian,

I'm not that familiar with Diagram Studio (or LibreDraw (unless that's the
LibreOffice drawing component)), so hopefully my suggestions target your
needs. From a brief search, it looks like Diagram Studio does vector
graphics with an emphasis on flowcharts. You may want to check out:

Dia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dia_(software)
Xfig: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xfig

For generic vector graphics, Inkscape:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inkscape

Personally, I have been looking to do vector drawing more pragmatically
with Diagrams: http://projects.haskell.org/diagrams/

If I'm mistaken and what you really wanted was a raster painting program,
Krita is a good bet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krita

Best,
Jack