[TriLUG] Have a Job: Infrastructure Engineer in Raleigh at CA Technologies!

Mark Turner via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jul 27 16:59:40 EDT 2016

Hey TriLUGgers! Looking for a fun job? Come work with me at CA
Technologies as an Infrastructure Engineer. We're looking for a DevOps
kind of guy or gal, fluent in Chef and other automation tools in
addition to strong Linux sysadmin abilities. We're also working our way
into Azure now and any experience there would be a plus.

What's it like to work here? It's the best job I've ever had. My group
is the former Rally Software group, based in Boulder. We're very much an
Agile shop. The office is in the beautifully restored Pilot Mill
building just north of downtown Raleigh, within walking distance of
several pubs. It's a startup feel without the startup grind. Work from
home. Bring your dog to work. Unlimited vacation. Quarterly hackathons.
Foosball, beer, regular cookouts, etc. Work where your opinion matters.
You'll love it here!

Interested? Check out the job description here and apply online. Then
shoot me an email letting me know you've applied and I can refer you.

Hope to work with you soon!

Cheers,

Mark Turner

==============

http://searchjobs.ca.com/job/6656226/infrastructure-engineer-boulder-co/

CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers
manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business
services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software
and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure
and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.

CA Technologies is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and
passionate DevOps Engineer to join our team in Boulder, CO. Are you
someone who loves to solve big problems and who doesn’t settle for the
status quo? If so, come and talk to us!

If it makes our systems faster, more secure, and scalable we want to
hear about it. Because we are an Agile company you won’t be working in a
silo. We need you to have broad experience in system administration,
network operations, some coding experience, build and release
engineering, performance engineering and site operations. We don’t
expect anyone to know everything, we just need people who are quick
studies that aren’t afraid to jump in with both feet and learn by doing.

An entrepreneurial fast paced mentality is critical for success in this
position: a passionate can-do attitude, exceptional communication
skills, and the ability to collaborate while acting as a thought leader
in your area of expertise will serve you well at CA Technologies. Does
this sound like a challenge you’re ready for?

Responsibilities:

Partner with developers, architects and the business to optimize the
integration and delivery of existing and new services
Build and maintain configuration management recipes in Chef
Enable autonomy in development teams through the creation and delivery
of valuable self-service and automation capabilities
Work with developers and product owners to lead operational readiness
throughout the SDLC
Pair with other engineers to promote skills enhancement and knowledge
sharing
Research and share the latest innovations in automation and virtualized
infrastructure
Skills Required:

BS/MS in Computer Science or 5+ years of relevant industry experience
Prior experience supporting large scale, highly available,
service-oriented, distributed production systems.
Very strong Linux experience in a highly-available production environment
Experience building production hosting environments from bare metal up
Familiarity with SaaS, PaaS or IaaS
Strong understanding of best practices around release engineering
Exposure to different types of data storage
Strong written & oral communication skills are essential
Experience using tools such as Git, Docker, Puppet and/or Chef
Advanced scripting skills
You will be successful in this role if you:

Believe in Agile principles and iterative development
Can be autonomous and self-driven but work across teams to collaborate
on common ideas and strategies
Are comfortable working with automation and are willing to learn tools
you aren’t familiar with
Enjoy exploring and experimenting with new ideas and sharing with others
Can communicate ideas clearly and effectively
Have a positive attitude when engaging with our customers (development
teams, the business and occasionally external customers)
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your
achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business
and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as
an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your
responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.

At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the
business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to
delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.

We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium
Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation,
Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training
Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.

Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at
http://ca.com/careers

We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such,
it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates
regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry,
national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military
status, veteran status or any other protected group status.

Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited
agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our
website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third
party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees
associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will
be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.

If you require an accommodation with the online application process,
please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.