[TriLUG] Google Fiber Triangle Build out

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Aug 26 15:58:32 EDT 2016

You caught me Scott. It's bits, so only 5 of those hard drives per sec. or less because of overhead. I just wonder if we are going to max it out. Seems like it would be a tough thing to do. We do have some big backups but man that 's alot of pipe.

    On Friday, August 26, 2016 2:58 PM, Scott Lambdin <lopaki at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 2:35 PM, John Vaughters via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

>I'd just bought 1000MB for only $799. Too bad Egghead took such a loss
I think everyone on this list has had this experience.
Even more perspective on the subject, we are about to turn on a link that can send 40 of those hard drives in 1 second. Yikes!!!!! It still boggles my mind the speeds these days.
John Vaughters
--

Unless you are mixing Bytes and Bits you have one heck of a link.

--
Eat like you give a damn.  Go vegan.