[TriLUG] Open source software to monitor hundreds of VMs

Roy Vestal via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Sep 12 08:28:11 EDT 2016

On the upside, Zenoss Core uses Nagios plugins as well. We use it here
to monitor Cisco, VMware, EMC, and NetApp. When we didn't have what we
needed, we added Nagios plugins to Zenoss.

It's UI is more user friendly than the default Nagios.

It would also be remiss if we did not mention one of our own, Tarus, and
OpenNMS. http://www.opennms.org

I've used all 3 as well as some of the payfor ones (Tivoli, OpenView,
etc). I like Nagios, Zenoss, and OpenNMS. They just work. :)

-Roy