[TriLUG] Open source software to monitor hundreds of VMs

Aaron Joyner via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Sep 12 10:23:36 EDT 2016

On the open source front, I'd recommend checking out Prometheus (
https://prometheus.io/) -- it's as close as you can get to Borgmon.  I
haven't used it personally for anything, but if I were in your shoes it's
what I'd try.  There are lots of write-ups about it online, but as a start
here's the 16 minute lightning talk by Brain Brazil, the Founder, giving
the overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwRmXqXKGtk

Aaron S. Joyner