[TriLUG] Network switches

Grawburg via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 14 13:47:27 EDT 2016

1. I'm doing no monitoring.  I should mention that there aren't many users and most of what anyone does is Internet searching. Although I have
enough IT experience to set things up I am not an IT professional. I actually retired from a real job almost 8 years ago.
2. I'm trying to look ahead to when we may have some streaming video in and out of the museum (Imagination Station Science Museum, Wilson) and
hoping to anticipate potential bottlenecks.
3. One concern I have is the age of the 3Com 3300 and whether or not that is something I should upgrade sooner than later.
4. We have no plans to use Gigabyte ethernet since no PC has a suitable NIC and we use only Cat5e.