[TriLUG] Run ssh then start timer and close terminal

Ron Kelley via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 24 14:26:45 EDT 2016

Perhaps an tcl/expect script would work better in this case?

On Oct 24, 2016, at 2:25 PM, Grawburg via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

To start the program PiPresents on my Raspberry Pi I enter a slightly long command from a terminal window.  This starts the Mplayer program that is part of PiPresents, which also includes Tkinter.  Works fine if I enter it directly on the Pi.  What I'm attempting to do is ssh into this Pi (script already works) then start a 30 second timer that will open a terminal and echo the pipresents startup command. The ssh terminal needs to close before the next script runs or I get Tkinter errors.  Will somone point in the right direction, please?

Thanks,
Brian Grawburg

--
[This was sent from a PC running Debian 7, 64-bit Linux. No Microsoft products were used.]

--
This message was sent to: Ron Kelley <rkelleyrtp at gmail.com>