[TriLUG] ssh question

Mike Viscount via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Oct 25 10:13:37 EDT 2016

>> 3. If we've not had anyone hack into our network since I've been here (8
years) I don't think they're going to.

This is why they are going to ... and likely will be able to given the
existence of default passwords

Assume the worst and hope for the best!

I'd personally
  - change the default password immediately - should always be the first
thing done with any box
  - use ssh keys at a minimum - it's really quite trivial to setup.
  - firewall (either on the Pi or external) would also be recommended

First time poster ... not meaning to ruffle any feathers but would hate to
see your name in the newspaper and on the national news for bad stuff :-)

Mike