[TriLUG] Cloud computing

Roger via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Nov 7 10:43:33 EST 2016

Brian,

I fall back on Dropbox. It presents a folder view to select from / save to. It is also cross platform so you can access files from non-Linux OSes - even Android.

Contents are not encrypted so you would have to deal with that as necessary, by saving as a password protected file,

https://www.liberiangeek.net/2013/07/password-protect-your-documents-when-using-libreoffice

FWIW, one can keep passwords in an encrypted file using Keepass to make them available across machines.

If a file is changed on one machine, be sure to wait for it to be synced to the cloud and synced to another PC when starting it.

Much more to my looking that Google Uber Alles  / docs.
--
Roger Broseus

(Please excuse tiepos induzed by the droided predictive text tool.)