[TriLUG] mailhosting and openvz options

Igor Partola via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jan 9 15:08:51 EST 2017

You can! And you can do better than OpenVZ as well!

I like Vultr. If you use my referral link (
http://www.vultr.com/?ref=7013261-3B) you'll get $20 and I'll get $30 or
some such. Feel free to not use it too. Their lowest tier is $5 for a 768MB
RAM KVM box

Digital Ocean is similar, but the lowest is a $5 512MB RAM Box.

I also like Scaleway (which owned by Online.net). They provide very cheap
bare metal ARM boxes with loads of RAM, as well as virtual x86 boxes.

Lastly, if you want to go slightly off the beaten path, check out
https://lowendbox.com/. You can get an OpenVZ box for roughly $15/year.

Igor