[TriLUG] Home Lab Recommendations, Part Deux

Francois Dion via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jan 10 13:26:09 EST 2017

Used to run Oracle in my homelab, on my sun E5500 many many years ago. I
was pushing the limit of that box even with 28GB, and it was just a
dev/play box. The oracle stuff i saw more recently is a lot about Oracle In
Memory, Endeca etc. Typically with 1/2 to 2TB of ram in a single server.

The T7600 suggested by Ron wont be overkill if you do that kind of stuff...
I run the rackmount version of that workstation, loaded with GPUs for AI
work and they are solid machines, highly recommended.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Alan Sterger via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org

raspberry-python.blogspot.com - www.pyptug.org - www.3DFutureTech.info -
@f_dion