[TriLUG] Home Lab Recommendations, Part Deux

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jan 11 11:52:12 EST 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Rogers, Matthew via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> You should get new hardware.  The 3.5" floppy is finally dead. :-)

      I second that. Incidentally my esxi box started as a Inspiron
620s, which is limited in many ways. I ended up replacing it with a
Intel DQ67SW MB and a i7 quad CPU that is fully supported by exsi. Not
the top of the line but good enough for my current needs and allowed
me to still use the small box from the original machine. I also added
a intel quad port gigabit card to it.

No matter what you choose, make sure it is supported either officially
or unnoficially by vmware or you will find a few features to be
missing.