[TriLUG] OT: Security concern: H&R Block wanted my DL number to do my taxes

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Mar 30 18:40:22 EDT 2017

They've been doing my taxes for several years. This year I had to give them my
DL number before they would do my taxes. This caught me unawares. I didn't think
to ask what would happen if I refused. They just said "We're required to
collect it". They didn't say who told them to collect it; the IRS, H&R Block...

Anyone know what's going on?

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml