[TriLUG] OT: Security concern: H&R Block wanted my DL number to do my taxes

Thomas Delrue via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Mar 30 18:53:19 EDT 2017

Oh, I am not skeptical about the fraud, *that* I believe... I'm
skeptical about how asking DLs will prevent that fraud. The only
difference now is that that same guy will call and ask for the W-2's /as
well as the DLs/ because "I'm the IRS and as you may have heard, we need
that now".
The weak link is very frequently the human, not the process or the tech! :)