[TriLUG] Fan-less VM Server

Alan Sterger via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Apr 6 16:44:12 EDT 2017

Requested environment is a personal lab, no other users.  For storage,
thinking 2-256 GB SSDs.  Since SSD, don't need harddrives, RAID nor
heavy PSU.  "server" could even be headless, although no demerit if
comes with built-in GPU. Location is a closet with no ventilation.  Need
SATA III I/O and the ability to throw multiple cores at a host running a
database.

Thanks,

-- Alan