[TriLUG] Gigabit-and-open-source-ready firewalls & routers?

Matt Pusateri via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue May 2 20:21:46 EDT 2017

I like Pfsense, as I’ve always had OpenWRT/DD-WRT seem to fall over and stop passing traffic, so at least now when my AP’s fail, my whole network doesn’t go down.  Probably they failed due to reverse engineered chip drivers for Atheros, etc.  Though I’m running ubiquity AP and a Meraki AP now so I don’t see those issues anymore. But I like pfsense…  It worked well to replace vyatta boxes when they basically went closed source.

Matt P.