[TriLUG] HELP! Antique PC needs loving home

Christopher Blackmon via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun May 21 14:16:44 EDT 2017

I collect old computers and would love to add it to my collection.  I live in garner.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Jeff T. Riffer via TriLUG<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
I have a Zenith Z-171 PC that I can't bear to actually throw away in the
trash, but definitely need to get rid of.

     http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=897

That's the same system. The one I have includes a carrying case, some serial
and parallel cables, and a Lotus 5.25" floppy disk in the drive. And the
external power supply. It powers on but gives a RAM failure during test, :(
(I tried pulling the RAM board and re-seating the chips, but no joy).

It is quite possible it can be made to work again, if anyone is so inclined.
I'm giving this away to anyone who wants it, as long as they don't just
throw it in the trash. It's a piece of computing history!

Let me know if you're interested, or know someone who is. I'm in Raleigh.

Thanks!

--Jeff
--
This message was sent to: ckblackm at yahoo.com <ckblackm at yahoo.com>