[TriLUG] Add Another NFS Client to NFS Server

Alan Sterger via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jun 1 19:47:47 EDT 2017

Are performance considerations something that would make either approach
better?  I'm performing Oracle RMAN backups from both clients to the NFS
server.  I assumed I would need to stagger RMAN's kickoff timing on each
client as to not overwhelm the pipe and/or server.  Therefore, I assumed
I need a new export path as I'm using '*' as the host id in /etc/exports.

How would I mount and configure /etc/exports if I didn't NEED a new
export path?

Thanks,

-- Alan Sterger