[TriLUG] Best IDE and version control for C and C++?

Charles Fischer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jun 2 22:28:07 EDT 2017

I am coming from visual studio 2015 (version 14).  In the past I just used
vi and the command line build chain.  I am hoping for better now.

I would like it to be C/C++ aware, in other words do the indents and
bracket alignments (custom, I like brackets on individual lines and case
statements to have the case and breaks aligned one tab in from the
brackets).  Colors for key words is nice, but not necessary.  I find myself
fighting auto-complete as often as I find it helpful.  Does not have to tie
to unit testing.  I really want it tied to the build tools and debugger.
Tied to the coverage tool would be nice (insure++ from Parasoft is my
leading candidate for coverage and memory testing, but that is not set in
stone).  I doubt that other developers will work on the code for the next
year or three.

Thanks,
Charles Fischer

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:06 PM, Thomas Delrue via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org