[TriLUG] Best IDE and version control for C and C++?

mail via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Jun 3 09:39:22 EDT 2017

Personally, I use Emacs as my editor/”IDE” and either Git or Darcs for version
control.

For archival, you can always use `tar`, or if you want a graphical frontend
`Ark` (KDE Plasma’s modular archive manipulation tool) or the GNOME (or other
DE) equivalent.

Again, these are my preferences. I wouldn’t necessarily suggest you do the
same, because, after reading the thread, I see that you don’t like running the
build yourself. (Not saying that’s required with Emacs, but it’s certainly
preferable to building in Emacs)

--
John M. Harris, Jr. <johnmh at openblox.org>