[TriLUG] Total Solar Eclipse - Expeditions to SC??

Peter Neilson via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jun 6 10:11:53 EDT 2017

The afternoon of Monday 21 August 2017 will provide a total solar eclipse
in South Carolina.

My wife and I are interested in getting together with a small number of
geeky people for a one-day expedition. We think that joining with others
for car-pooling,  picnic lunches  and bulk pre-purchase of proper viewing
protectors might be worthwhile. My wife has organized many successful
caving expeditions, and knows how to be tremendously helpful: "You will
have your material already packed in my truck on XX date for leaving the
next day, or you aren't going."

As most geeks are already aware, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
for some of us. I have attempted viewing three total eclipses (1959, 1963,
1970) and failed every time, owing to lousy weather, travel difficulties,
and bad planning. "Bullwinkle, that trick never works." "This time fer
sure!"

Any takers?