[TriLUG] Citizen CT-S300

Brian Grawburg via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jun 9 09:33:47 EDT 2017

I'm trying to install a CT-S300 receipt printer. I have the driver file from Citizen and have tried to install directly from the .DEB file but the install seems to finish with a window saying "Running" that never goes away.  When I go into CUPS I get an error that says the "rastertocbm1k is missing in the /usr/lib/cups/filter".  If I try to install the printer manually I have the .ppd file but the above missing file is a C file, rastertocbm1k.c. I have tried to compile the file but get an error about a missing raster.h.  I simple do not know enough to continue and I cannot find the rastertocbm1k file anywhere.

Help, please.

Brian Grawburg

Wilson, NC

Sent from a PC running Debian 8, 64-bit Linux and LibreOffice. (No one needs to use MS Office!)