[TriLUG] can't attach passwd protected zip file to e-mail

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jun 23 11:27:34 EDT 2017

On Fri, 23 Jun 2017, Steve Holton wrote:

> You're going the wrong way.

thanks. well yes.

> Take the password-protected zip binary and wrap it in some ASCII Armor
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary-to-text_encoding>.
> Then it doesn't even need to be sent as an attachment.

I know about uuencode etc, but I'm sending the keys to a non-computer person on
a windows box. I don't know if windows has uudecode.

I could have put the files in DOCUMENT_ROOT of my webserver, but they've set me
up with their preferred method, dropbox, which I've used instead.

There's ways around this, but my point was that I didn't know that the standard
method (e-mail attachement) didn't work anymore.

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml