[TriLUG] Spectrum Modem Fees

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jul 3 13:25:19 EDT 2017

On 07/03/2017 11:49 AM, Keith Woodie via TriLUG wrote:
> FYI.  I recently called Spectrum and found out that modem rental fees for those of you still on Time Warner/Spectrum are waved now.   Saved me 8/month just by picking up the phone.   Thought I would share.
>
> Thanks.
> Keith Woodie
> kwoodie at gmail.com

Apologies for minor thread-jacking, but I have another question
regarding Spectrum service.  I've had Spectrum (previously Time Warner)
business class for five years.  I'm getting 35x5 service for $90/month.
  This is in Cary about a mile from Morrisville.

I've seen recent advertising with better deals, but they include TV
service and require 2 or 3 year commitments.

I've sent emails to Spectrum BC asking them what service tiers and rates
are available.  This results in them sending me an 800 number to call,
followed by calls from them on my (spectrum provided) business phone
line.  I haven't answered these, in part because I need this line open
for work.

I'd rather not sign up for multiple years of their service, in the event
that Google Fiber becomes available.  I've looked around online
including at DSL Reports, but I can't find a listing of what tiers and
rates are available locally.

Can anyone recommend a way to get a better deal out of Spectrum?

Thanks,

   Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote