[TriLUG] FOSS voice assistant framework

Phillip Rhodes (Fogbeam Labs) via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jul 18 11:02:20 EDT 2017

I have not yet, but I had a similar idea recently... get voice reco running
on an rPi and build sort of a DIY alexa.  It's something I want to explore,
but just haven't had a lot of time to put into it.   But FWIW, my earliest
thought was to use CMU Sphinx[1] for the voice recognition part.

If anybody starts on a project like this, please do share with the list
from time to time... I know I'd love to hear about whatever results you
achieve. And I imagine others will as well.

[1]: https://cmusphinx.github.io/