[TriLUG] Meeting location

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Aug 1 10:02:48 EDT 2017

On 07/31/2017 11:12 PM, Brian Gerard via TriLUG wrote:
> Hey everyone-
>
> Logistically, we generally have between 50 and 80 members show up at a meeting,
> and we would ideally like to be able to start setting up around 6:30.  We
> generally stop right at or before 9:00 on most nights, with another 30 minutes
> or so of cleanup, but we can work with a venue if they have rules along those
> lines.  Likewise with the pizza and drinks - we can keep that part of the event
> in a separate from the meeting if need be.

Years ago TriLUG met at the Dreyfuss auditorium at the Research Triangle
Institute.  It was a popular location.  It got pretty cramped when the
membership continued to grow though.  I don't recall the specifics but I
think it began to crowd up with more than 50 or 60 attendees.

If that's worth considering, we could make inquiries.  I no longer have
any connections there.

   Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote