[TriLUG] TriLUG PR Officer Position

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Aug 6 20:21:57 EDT 2017

TriLUG,

Due to family circumstances, I must step down from my current position as
PR Officer on the TriLUG Steering Committee. At least for a while..

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 20 months in this role. I also served in
this position in 2013. Words cannot describe the awesomeness of this
experience, although I could probably write a great book about it.

I highly encourage anyone interested to step up for this excellent
opportunity to serve the free and open source community in a highly
rewarding leadership position.

Benefits to consider as TriLUG PR Officer:

- Announcing upcoming TriLUG events gets your name out to hundreds or even
thousands of technical experts.

- The title alone looks great on a resume or job application.

- Networking is incredible in this position. You have a reason to approach
very talented people and talk to them about presenting at TriLUG.

- You will meet and collaborate with other prominent community organizers.

- Conference organizers may reach out to you for help promoting their
events. For example this is how I met Todd Lewis the Organizer of All
Things Open.

- You may establish connections with college professors and directors from
Duke, NCSU, UNC, and maybe even NASA Academy of Aeronautics.

- You will gain experience with public speaking which is pretty easy if you
have well prepared slides to follow.

- You may come up with an idea like 3D Printed TriTux or you may further
the evolution of TriTux

- Most of all, you will be promoting freedom and there is no greater cause.

If you are up for this kind of opportunity and feel you can serve TriLUG
well, please let me know or speak up on this list.

Jeremy Davis

TriLUG PR