[TriLUG] TWC/Spectrum problems yesterday

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Aug 23 12:18:32 EDT 2017

Just a note about TWC/Spectrum and my solution (which is not for everyone).
Long ago I cut cable and phone service... recently I bumped our family cell
phone lines service up to unlimited data with Verizon and cut TWC/Spectrum
internet. It was an experiment..I planned to see if there would be much
suffering and complaining etc.. no complaining whatsoever as of yet. This
was several months ago. We all hotspot our laptops or other personal
devices from our phones. With all the snapchat and netflix etc.. we are
using 100 to 150 gb per month on Verizon unlimited family plan. I don't
recall any noticeable throttling or outages. No router to think about is
actually nice too.

Jeremy Davis