[TriLUG] OT: auto-centered video[1]?

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Aug 28 10:44:30 EDT 2017

Hello Brian,

I haven't tried this, but you may be able to use a command line script
like ffmpeg to convert your still frames into a video.
e.g.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/610903/how-can-i-create-a-video-file-from-a-set-of-jpg-images

Seems a lot more straightforward than using a video editor like openshot
<http://www.openshot.org/> to combine them.

After that, you can use the stabilization feature that you mentioned in
Youtube to stabilize the result:

http://lifehacker.com/5786091/stabilize-your-handheld-videos-with-youtube

Wait, stop the presses.  I just noticed that ffmpeg has a deshake filter
for automatically stabilizing video.  So if you don't want to limit
yourself to youtube, it looks like it might do the job.

https://video.stackexchange.com/questions/19089/youtube-like-video-stabilization-on-linux

This is all stuff I haven't tried, so I'll defer to any LUGgers who've
actually done it...  ;-)

   Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote