[TriLUG] at&t fiber

Ron Kelley via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 6 13:39:30 EDT 2017

Interesting.  And, you are definitely running AT&T fiber?  Seems odd they would not replace the cabling outside the house.  As far as I know, DSL only required copper cabling to the house - not fiber.

On Sep 6, 2017, at 1:08 PM, Brian McCullough via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 12:20:23PM -0400, Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list wrote:
> No.  They ran a new fiber connection to a junction box on the side of the house.  From there, they ran fiber to their ATT modem inside the house (just like TWC).  From there, I plugged in my router to their Modem.

Whereas, in my case, I have the same copper that I had BellSouth DSL on,
running above and underground back to Downtown Apex, or thereabouts, as
I was told.  Certainly, there was NOT new cable run anywhere near my
house.

The installer came and replaced the outside box, but not the cable
running to or from it ( into the house ) and yes, he did replace the
modem that I had, DSL for the NVG.  I don't have it in front of me,
being two time zones West of Apex.

Brian

--
This message was sent to: Ron Kelley <rkelleyrtp at gmail.com>