[TriLUG] drawing tablet review

Tim Jowers via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Sep 8 09:39:42 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I bought this tablet for around $40.
Monoprice 10594 Graphic Drawing Tablet, 10 x 6.25 inches
<https://www.walmart.com/ip/40500933>

Been a decade since I messed with them, but this is much, much nicer than
back then. Only have tried it under Ubuntu but it works fine. Most buttons
work in most all apps. Drawing pen works. Drawing pen can be used to
touch/select tool and even drag corners as well as draw. Did not see
thickness supported via pressure and did not mess with eraser.  But,
overall, this will be a great gift for my 10 year old daughter who loves
crafts- I hope.

Would love to hear other feedback if someone knows more about the drawing
tablets. Apps, tricks, etc.

Cheers,
Tim Jowers