[TriLUG] Google Fiber

David Burton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Oct 17 13:39:24 EDT 2017

Re:
http://abc11.com/technology/google-fiber-in-the-triangle-fast-promises-few-realities/2524538/

"Google Fiber Huts" are apparently 10x30-foot structures with a door near
one end of the long side, and equipment boxes on or near both ends, often
protected a fence:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Google+%22Fiber+Hut%22&tbm=isch

Example #1:
<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VQSAJmyT3r4/U8MccCyESvI/AAAAAAAAor8/3qAsCTs5oAk/s1600/Fiber+Hut+with+Gen.jpg>

Example #2:
<http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/raleigh-durham-chapel-hill-cary/156814d1441107558-google-fiber-construction-begins-triangle-image.jpg>

I don't recall seeing anything like that around Cary. But it's a big town,
so who knows?

Dave