[TriLUG] Data recovery from dead iPhone

David Burton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Oct 26 14:57:16 EDT 2017

I need some advice for a friend of a friend.

My friend's friend is a house-bound elderly lady in Raleigh named
Marguerite, who "lives by her iPhone," which has apparently died. I haven't
seen the phone, but I'm told that it is some variant of an iPhone 6. She
has many files on it that she really, really wants to recover. Her sister
took the phone "to the mall," but they told her that the files are
unrecoverable. (I don't know whether "the mall" means the Apple store, a
service provider store, or something else.)

So, my question is, who's the best iPhone repair person in town, who would
be most likely to be able to recover her files from that dead phone?

Or, if not in town, then out-of-town?

Thanks!

Dave