[TriLUG] Holiday Social and Demos call for comments

Leonard Boyle via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Nov 14 16:42:36 EST 2017

Brian,

Site:

Pros of using Red Hat.

-- Pulic WIFI
- cheap
- normally there  is time  to set up demos.
- It is easy to find folks that work on Linux/open source as their day job
- Folks can bring their offspring and other  family members.
- Good site for pot luck

Cons

- city traffic and parking fees before 7

There are many other sites, but most either do not have public wifi or pot
lock would not be good.

Food choices provided by TRILUG

it could be hero's, tex-mex, barbecue etc.
Or we could bring main courses as part of pot luck

Alt possible sites.

- some of the job shops such as teksystems, select, might  support this
- The frontier if we find another sponsor. Maybe the IBM group with office
their, if they are still there. Maybe RTI
- Now that Red Hat is now working with Microsoft, maybe they might be
willing to host. Maybe a joint meeting with trinug.
 which holds it monthly meetings at microsoft Red Hat has given talks at
that site.
 They can host 100 folks.
- IBM was out in force at ATO, they have a meeting room at their gym, but I
do not know if it has public wifi and we would have to find a sponsor. No
kitchen setup as far as I know.
- SAS has space, but it is not easy to host at SAS.
-UNC?
-Duke?

-

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 10:36 PM, Brian Gerard via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org